No. 14 Georgia tops Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 77-58Nov 28, 2009 - 4:07 AM HATTIESBURG, Miss.(AP) -- Porsha Phillips had a double-double by halftime as No. 14 Georgia defeated Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 77-58 on Friday night in a matchup of undefeated teams.
Phillips had 10 points and 11 rebounds in the first half of the Lady Eagle Thanksgiving Classic and finished with 14 points and a career-high 15 rebounds. She also had three assists and a block.
The Bulldogs (5-0) also got 18 points from Jasmine James and 16 from Ashley Houts in the first game between the two schools.
Georgia jumped out to an 8-0 lead and led by as many as 13 before taking a 38-28 lead at the half. The Bulldogs increased their lead to 70-48 with 7:06 left.
Adrienne Scott led Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3-1) with 16 points, Jade Davis added 14 and Deziree Green had 13.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21
- Georgia women upend No. 20 Florida 71-61 Jan 14