Phillips leads Georgia past UABDec 2, 2009 - 2:32 AM ATHENS, Ga.(AP) -- Porsha Phillips had 13 points and 13 rebounds to help No. 13 Georgia beat Alabama-Birmingham 71-42 on Tuesday night.
Anne Marie Armstrong had 11 points and Meredith Mitchell finished with 10 for the Lady Bulldogs (7-0), who never trailed. Angel Robinson had 10 points and nine rebounds in her first game back since suffering a concussion against Rutgers on Nov. 22.
Tamika Dukes scored 12 points for UAB (2-5), and Amber Jones had nine.
Georgia outrebounded the Blazers 49-31. UAB shot 26 percent (15 for 57) from the field.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21
- Georgia women upend No. 20 Florida 71-61 Jan 14