Wright scores 30 in Virginia's win over FurmanDec 9, 2009 - 3:46 AM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Monica Wright scored 30 points and sparked a first-half run of 22 straight points by No. 19 Virginia in a 74-43 win over Furman on Tuesday night.
Wright, who had nine steals, eight rebounds and seven assists, scored 20 points in the first half for the Cavaliers (7-2), including back-to-back 3-pointers that started the 22-0 run.
Raegan Thompson paced the Lady Paladins (2-8) with nine points and Kali Holtfreter added eight.
The game was tied at 8 in the opening half before Wright made the two 3s and Virginia kept Furman scoreless for almost 13 minutes.
Virginia, which shot 45 percent from the field (27 of 60), held a 47-28 rebounding advantage. The Cavaliers led 38-15 at halftime.
Furman shot 33.3 percent from the field, connecting on 16-of-48 attempts.
Whitny Edwards joined Wright in double figures, scoring a career-best 17 points for the Cavaliers.
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 11 Louisville women pull away from Virginia 74-59 Feb 18
- Thomas leads No. 15 Florida State women past Virginia 70-48 Jan 21
- No. 23 Louisville women beat Virginia 59-41 Jan 14
- Turner leads No. 3 Notre Dame women past Virginia, 74-46 Jan 7
- Virginia women defeat No. 22 Miami 76-56 Jan 3
- No. 9 Ohio State women beat Virginia 93-73 Dec 21
- Virginia upsets No. 6 Maryland Jan 23
- No. 2 Notre Dame holds off Virginia Jan 12
- Thomas leads Maryland in a rout of Virginia Feb 17
- Duke dominates Virginia in second half Feb 8
- Maryland eases past Virginia in ACC opener Dec 6