Sims helps No. 20 Pitt beat Western KentuckyDec 23, 2009 - 1:58 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ky.(AP) -- Jania Sims scored 19 points and Brittaney Thomas added 18 to lead No. 20 Pittsburgh to a 76-60 win over Western Kentucky on Tuesday night.
Taneisha Harris had 15 points and Chelsea Cole added 17 points and 13 rebounds for the Panthers (10-1).
Dominique Duck led Western Kentucky (5-6) with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Amy McNear was the only other Hilltopper in double figures as she added 10 points.
Sims' 3-pointer at the end of the first half gave the Panthers a 36-25 advantage and they coasted the rest of the way.
After shooting just 40 percent from the field (12-for-3) in the first half, Pittsburgh shot 50 percent (15-for-30) in the second.
The Hilltoppers went on a 13-6 run in the second half to the Panther lead to 4, but Pittsburgh responded with a 6-0 run to put the game out of reach.
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 10 Louisville women coast to 65-36 win over Pitt Feb 28
- Butler leads No. 23 Syracuse women past Pittsburgh 70-56 Feb 21
- No. 12 Louisville women defeat Pittsburgh 84-61 Feb 11
- No. 16 Florida State women beat Pitt 66-55 Jan 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame beats Pitt for McGraw's 800th win Jan 3
- Jones helps No. 6 Maryland rout Pittsburgh 70-49 Nov 28
- Lady Vols punch ticket to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Pittsburgh stifles Chattanooga to advance Mar 21
- No. 10 Maryland blows out Pittsburgh Feb 6
- Liston, Duke handle Pittsburgh Jan 26