Griffin leads No. 13 Nebraska over Albany 88-41Dec 30, 2009 - 11:27 PM LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- Kelsey Griffin made all nine of her shots and finished with 27 points in just 22 minutes, helping No. 13 Nebraska remained unbeaten with an 88-41 victory over Albany on Wednesday.
Griffin hit two 3-poiners and was 7 for 7 from the free throw line as the Cornhuskers (12-0) extended their school-record winning streak and best start to a season.
Cory Montgomery added 14 points, Dominique Kelley 12 and Catheryn Redmon 10 for Nebraska.
Lincoln native Charity Iromuanya had 10 points for Albany (6-5).
Nebraska led 53-24 at halftime before a 22-0 run put the Huskers up 79-28 with 6:36 left.
The Huskers are one of seven unbeaten teams left in Division I, and the only one in the Big 12.
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Albany women's coach Abrahamson-Henderson leaving for UCF Apr 1
- Sykes leads Orange to 2nd-round 76-59 win over Albany Mar 20
- Albany (NY)-Syracuse Preview Mar 19
- Albany upsets Florida 61-59 in 1st round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Albany (NY)-Florida Preview Mar 17