Drexel upsets No. 25 James Madison 68-67Jan 3, 2010 - 8:23 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Gabriela Marginean scored 23 points and hit four free throws in the final 29.7 seconds to lift Drexel past No. 25 James Madison 68-67 on Sunday.
Taylor Wootton and Jasmina Rosseel added 11 points apiece for the Dragons (7-5), who beat a Top 25 team for the first time.
Drexel also beat the Dukes in the Colonial Athletic Association tournament championship en route to their first-ever NCAA tournament berth last season.
Dawn Evans led James Madison (10-2) with 30 points. Evans came into the game as the nation's second leading scorer at 27.7 points per game.
After James Madison pulled within 62-60 with 48.9 seconds left, Marginean hit her free throws and Marissa Crane added two free throws with 3.7 seconds left for a 68-64 lead.
Evans hit a long 3-pointer at the buzzer to close out the scoring.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
JMU (25) 67
DREXEL 68 FINAL
Jan 3 2:49 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
JMU (25) 34
DREXEL 37 HALFTIME
Jan 3 1:40 PM
- DePaul makes 11 3-pointers, routs James Madison 97-67 Mar 18
- James Madison-DePaul Preview Mar 17
- James Madison beats Drexel 60-46 to win CAA, earn NCAA berth Mar 12
- James Madison women win third straight CAA championship Mar 12
- Davis helps No. 4 Baylor women beat James Madison 77-63 Dec 21
- Buckeyes win shootout over JMU to advance Mar 21
- Texas A&M tops James Madison to advance Mar 26
- Dukes dump Bulldogs at Reed Arena Mar 23
- No. 10 UNC holds off James Madison Jan 2
- Drexel, Dillon agree to terms on contract extension May 31
- Drexel downs Utah for WNIT title Apr 6
- Cowgirls defeat Dukes for WNIT Title Mar 31