Wright helps No. 21 Virginia rally for winJan 5, 2010 - 2:29 AM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Monica Wright scored 19 points and No. 21 Virginia used a second-half rally to upend St. Bonaventure 72-64 on Monday night.
Wright struggled from the field, making just 8 of 23 attempts from the field, but added 10 rebounds and five assists for the Cavaliers (11-3), who won their fourth straight game.
Freshman Lexie Gerson scored a career-best 13 points, all of which came in the second half for Virginia. Her 3-pointer with 10:24 left sparked an 18-6 run that helped the Cavaliers pull away.
Sophomore guard Jessica Jenkins hit six 3-pointers and scored 22 points and Dana Mitchell added 18 to pace the Bonnies (12-3).
The victory came as the Cavaliers learned that they had lost starting guard China Crosby for the season. The freshman point guard, who was averaging 5.9 points and 2.3 assists per game, tore her ACL in Virginia's 15-point win at Colorado on Jan. 2.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ST BONAVENTURE 64
VIRGINIA (21) 72 FINAL
Jan 4 8:47 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ST BONAVENTURE 29
VIRGINIA (21) 28 HALFTIME
Jan 4 7:53 PM
- Weisner leads Oregon State past St. Bonaventure 69-40 Mar 21
- St. Bonaventure-Oregon St. Preview Mar 19
- Bonnies brimming with confidence after first-round upset Mar 19
- Healy leads St. Bonaventure past Oklahoma State, 65-54 Mar 18
- St. Bonaventure-Oklahoma St. Preview Mar 17
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 11 Louisville women pull away from Virginia 74-59 Feb 18
- Thomas leads No. 15 Florida State women past Virginia 70-48 Jan 21
- No. 23 Louisville women beat Virginia 59-41 Jan 14
- Turner leads No. 3 Notre Dame women past Virginia, 74-46 Jan 7
- Virginia women defeat No. 22 Miami 76-56 Jan 3
- No. 9 Ohio State women beat Virginia 93-73 Dec 21