Arizona State defeats Washington State 64-59Jan 10, 2010 - 1:11 AM PULLMAN, Wash.(AP) -- Danielle Orsillo scored 19 points as Arizona State picked up its first conference win of the season, beating Washington State 64-59 on Saturday.
Becca Tobin added 17 points as the Sun Devils (9-6, 1-3 Pac-10) rebounded from a loss to Washington on Thursday. April Cook led the Cougars (5-10, 0-4) with 11 points.
With 30 seconds left, Orsillo drove the lane and put the Sun Devils up by three, 61-58.
The Cougars' Kiki Moore had a look at a 3-pointer to tie the game on the next possession, but missed short.
Orsillo hit three free throws in the remaining seconds to clench the game.
Washington State fought back from a 10-point deficit in the first half, going on a 16-6 run to start the second and tie the score at 39 at the 14:31 mark, but they had no answer for the inside play of Tobin and the outside shooting of Orsillo.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA ST 64
WASHINGTON ST 59 FINAL
Jan 9 7:05 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
ARIZONA ST 32
WASHINGTON ST 24 HALFTIME
Jan 9 5:54 PM
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21
- Tennessee-Arizona St. Preview Mar 19
- Arizona State not looking past inconsistent Tennessee Mar 19
- Arizona State opens NCAAs with 74-52 win over NM State Mar 18
- New Mexico St.-Arizona St. Preview Mar 17
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4
- Payton leads Oregon State past Washington State 69-49 Feb 28
- Fields leads No. 14 UCLA past No. 9 Arizona State Feb 28
- Crozon, Rodriguez lead Utah women over Washington St 75-69 Feb 27
- Katie Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State past USC 50-45 Feb 27
- Cooks lifts Washington State women over Arizona 62-61 Feb 21