No. 15 Florida State easily beats Harvard 96-52Jan 22, 2010 - 2:11 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Chasity Clayton scored 17 points and No. 15 Florida State beat Harvard 96-52 on Thursday night.
Courtney Ward and Alexa Deluzio hit back-to-back 3-pointers to key a 14-0 run that helped FSU pull away late in the first half. The Seminoles (17-3, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) led by as much as 47 in the game, smothering the Crimson (9-6, 0-1 Ivy League) on defense.
FSU held Harvard to a season-low 21.8 percent shooting, the fifth time in seven games the Seminoles held their opponent under 35 percent. Florida State blocked seven shots, led by Jacinta Monroe's four, and outrebounded Harvard 55-34.
Deluzio added 14 points for the Seminoles and Alysha Harvin had 13.
Elle Hagadorn led Harvard with 11 points.
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28