Wojta leads Wisconsin-Green Bay to win over ButlerJan 29, 2010 - 3:16 AM GREEN BAY, Wis.(AP) -- Julie Wojta scored 16 of her 23 points in the first half and No. 24 Wisconsin-Green Bay held off Butler for a 73-62 victory on Thursday night.
The Phoenix (17-2, 6-2 Horizon League) shot 75 percent and led by as many as 23 points in the first half. Green Bay made 11 straight shots to end the half and headed into the locker room with a 43-23 lead.
Butler (12-7, 5-3) cut the lead to eight in the second half, but the Phoenix held on despite going the final 7:50 without a field goal.
Celeste Hoewisch added 14 points for the Phoenix. Chloe Hamilton led four Bulldogs in double figures with 16 points.
Green Bay, which was coming off its first back-to-back conference losses in 13 seasons, won its 27th straight against the Bulldogs.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (24) 73 FINAL
Jan 28 10:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
WISC GREEN BAY (24) 43 HALFTIME
Jan 28 8:49 PM
- Lady Vols pull away in final 6 minutes to beat Green Bay Mar 18
- Wis.-Green Bay-Tennessee Preview Mar 17
- Green Bay women rout Milwaukee, coast to Horizon title Mar 13
- No. 23 DePaul women cruise past Butler 102-63 Feb 14
- Florida coach Butler not with team for Lady Vols game Jan 7
- Williams' 29 leads No. 18 South Florida women past Butler Nov 25
- Princeton sprints past Green Bay Mar 21
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Kentucky fends off furious Green Bay rally to move on Mar 20
- Hot first half leads Phoenix past Cyclones Mar 17
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11