Rodgers scores 27 as No. 17 Hoyas beat RutgersJan 30, 2010 - 11:11 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Sugar Rodgers scored 27 points and No. 17 Georgetown rebounded from a loss with a 59-50 victory against Rutgers on Saturday.
Rodgers came within two points of her career best and posted her highest total in Big East play three days after the Hoyas (18-3, 7-1) lost at Marquette to end a school-record 16-game winning streak.
Khadijah Rushdan scored 18 points and Monique Oliver added 12 for the Scarlett Knights (12-9, 4-3), who lost their second straight game and fifth consecutive on the road.
Georgetown led by at least five throughout the second half and stretched its advantage to 43-25 with a 16-3 run. Rodgers scored 10 points in that stretch, the last six on consecutive 3-pointers from the left wing off kickouts from Rubylee Wright.
Rutgers, which was outrebounded 41-30, never came within nine points after that.
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Mitchell scores 22, No. 7 Ohio State beats Rutgers Jan 24
- No. 21 Michigan State women top Rutgers 59-48 after big run Jan 19
- Mitchell's 31 points leads No. 5 Ohio State over Rutgers Jan 10
- No. 13 Florida State women beat Rutgers 65-43 Dec 3
- Huskies cruise past Rutgers to advance Mar 23
- Copper, Scaife lead Rutgers past Seton Hall Mar 21
- Rutgers, Stringer agree on 4-year deal May 21