No. 22 Iowa State beats Texas Tech 63-48Feb 4, 2010 - 3:10 AM AMES, Iowa(AP) -- Kelsey Bolte scored 19 points, including hitting five 3-pointers, and No. 22 Iowa State beat Texas Tech 63-48 on Wednesday night.
Alison Lacey added 13 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists for the Cyclones (17-4, 5-3 Big 12), who won for the fifth time in six games. Texas Tech (13-8, 1-6) dropped its sixth straight Big 12 Conference game, all to teams ranked in the Top 25.
Iowa State, the league's top defensive team, held the Lady Raiders to 32.7 percent shooting and finished with a 39-25 rebounding edge.
Nine times this season ISU has held opponents to 50 points or less.
The Cyclones trailed 22-21 after Monique Smalls' steal and lay-up with 5:49 to play in the first half. But Tech didn't hit a field goal the rest of the half and watched as Iowa State went into the break on a 14-2 run and broke the game open.
Ashlee Roberson led the Lady Raiders with 12 points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS TECH 48
IOWA ST (22) 63 FINAL
Feb 3 9:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
TEXAS TECH 24
IOWA ST (22) 35 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:54 PM
- Iowa State's Bill Fennelly, sued by ex-star, defends self Apr 29
- Moody's attorney, Iowa State disagree on university ruling Apr 19
- APNewsBreak: Former Iowa St star Nikki Moody sues coach Apr 18
- No. 4 Baylor women roll past Texas Tech 82-51 Mar 5
- Texas Tech women beat Iowa St. 89-84 in Big 12 tournament Mar 4
- No. 22 West Virginia women cruise past Iowa State 82-57 Mar 1
- No. 24 Oklahoma women beat Texas Tech 70-60 Mar 1
- Williams has 32 as No. 23 Oklahoma women roll Iowa St. 85-54 Feb 27
- No. 8 Texas wins 25th game, 76-55 over Texas Tech Feb 24
- No. 4 Baylor women win 14th in a row, 78-41 over Iowa State Feb 20
- No. 4 Baylor takes over in 2nd half, beats Texas Tech 66-36 Feb 13
- No. 24 West Virginia women close out Iowa State 57-47 Feb 10