Houts leads No. 19 Georgia to rout of AlabamaFeb 14, 2010 - 9:12 PM ATHENS, Ga.(AP) -- Ashley Houts scored 24 points to lead No. 19 Georgia to a 76-47 win over Alabama on Sunday.
Houts, who injured her ankle on Jan. 28 against Mississippi State, had only scored 34 points in her last five games. Georgia (20-6, 7-6 Southeastern Conference) had lost five of six games since a 53-50 win over Tennessee Jan. 21.
Ericka Russell led Alabama (10-15, 2-10) with 13 points.
Houts hit five of her seven 3-point attempts in the first half to help Georgia build a 40-23 advantage at the break. It was just the third time in the last 19 games that Georgia had scored as many as 40 points in a half.
Porsha Phillps added 13 points, and Jasmine James 12 points
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 16 Mississippi State women turn back Alabama 61-52 Feb 28
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Alabama women end 42-game skid against Tennessee, 54-46 Feb 25
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Coates, No. 3 South Carolina rout Alabama 66-46 Feb 22
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18