No. 13 Georgetown tops Jacksonville State 70-39Feb 26, 2010 - 2:29 AM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Monica McNutt scored 15 of her 18 points in the first half and No. 13 Georgetown coasted to a 70-39 victory over Jacksonville State on Thursday night.
Sugar Rodgers added 12 points for the Hoyas (24-4), who led 33-11 at halftime and by as many as 33 points in the second half en route to their fourth straight win. Georgetown plays at undefeated Connecticut on Saturday.
The Hoyas never trailed despite struggling early, shooting 33.3 percent (12 for 36) in the first half. They held the Gamecocks to five first-half field goals and went on a 22-5 run over the final 12:14 of the half.
McNutt had an early stretch of 12 consecutive points and connected on four of her five 3-pointers in the opening 20 minutes.
Jolie Efezokhae scored 11 points for the Gamecocks (9-19), who have lost three of four games.
The game had been scheduled for Dec. 20, but was postponed due to a snowstorm.
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- Georgetown names Natasha Adair women's hoops coach Apr 14
- Fighting Irish fend off Hoyas Jan 15
- Faris, Stewart carry UConn over Georgetown Jan 9
- Lucas lifts Penn State to bounce-back win over Georgetown Dec 9
- Georgetown names Keith Brown women's hoops coach May 7
- Georgia Tech tackles Hoyas on way to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- No. 3 Connecticut dismantles No. 14 Georgetown Feb 11
- No letdown for Notre Dame against Georgetown Jan 10
- UConn fights past Georgetown to reach Elite Eight Mar 27
- Rodgers' career-high powers Georgetown Mar 22
- Georgetown moves on to round two Mar 20