No. 10 UCLA gets past USCFeb 6, 2011 - 11:44 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Jasmine Dixon posted 23 points and 14 rebounds, while Darxia Morris scored a team-high 24 points in No. 10 UCLA's 74-67 victory against Southern California at the Galen Center.
Atonye Nyingifa added 13 points for the Bruins (19-2, 9-1 Pac-10), who have won four in a row since losing to fourth-ranked Stanford on January 20. Doreena Campbell provided 11 points and eight rebounds in the win.
Jacki Gemelos scored 16 points to pace the Trojans (13-8, 5-5), who have lost their last two.
Both teams led during a close first half before UCLA took a 37-29 lead on Dixon's layup with 48 seconds left. USC, though, scored the period's final four points to get within four at the break.
The Bruins led throughout the second half, though generally not by more than two possessions. But with a minute to play and USC within four, UCLA scored five consecutive points. Morris ended the short burst with a layup, giving the Bruins a 71-62 advantage with 35 seconds to play, effectively securing the win.
- UCLA: 74
Feb 6 6:02 PM
- UCLA: 37
Feb 6 4:53 PM
- UCLA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 6 4:09 PM
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20
- Guards highlight UCLA-South Florida in NCAA Tournament Mar 20
- Fields leads UCLA past Hawaii in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Hawaii-UCLA Preview Mar 18
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- Weisner helps No. 8 Oregon State turn back USC 63-53 Mar 5
- Billings leads No. 12 UCLA past Arizona 72-51. Mar 4
- Trojan women beat Washington State 77-73 in Pac 12 tourney Mar 4