No. 4 Tennessee gets by KentuckyFeb 8, 2011 - 5:37 AM Tennessee got by No. 15 Kentucky, 73-67.
Meighan Simmons had 15 points and Kamiko Williams added 14 for the Lady Vols (22-2, 10-0 SEC), winners of 13 straight games.
Victoria Dunlap recorded 20 points with nine boards for the Wildcats (18-5, 7-3), whose seven-game win streak was halted. A'dia Mathies poured in 18 with four assists in a losing cause.
Mathies hit a layup to bring the home team to 69-67 with 19 seconds remaining, but Simmons sank two free throws on the next possession to increase Tennessee's margin to four.
Glory Johnson then stripped the ball from Mathies, and Stricklen was fouled, leading to her pair from the line to seal the game with five seconds left.
- TENNESSEE: 73
Feb 7 11:13 PM
- TENNESSEE: 30
Feb 7 10:03 PM
- TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 7 9:09 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26