Naughton leads the way as DePaul downs SyracuseFeb 9, 2011 - 3:09 AM Syracuse, NY (Sports Network) - Deirdre Naughton scored 19 points and Keisha Hampton provided 18 points and seven rebounds to lead 10th-ranked DePaul to a 77-61 win over Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.
Anna Martin supplied 11 points, seven assists and five boards for the Blue Demons (22-3, 9-1 Big East), who have won nine of their last 10 games.
Carmen Tyson-Thomas collected 16 points and a game-best 13 caroms and Iasia Hemingway chipped in with 14 points and five rebounds for the Orange (16-7, 4-6), who have dropped three in a row.
DePaul hit seven shots from beyond the arc in a back-and-forth first half to take a 39-35 lead at the break.
The visitors broke the game open with a 15-5 run to increase their lead to 63-49 with just under 10 1/2 minutes remaining.
The Blue Demons connected on 13-of-23 from beyond the arc to hand the Orange just their second home loss in 16 games.
- Wagner guard Jasmine Nwajei transferring to Syracuse May 17
- Syracuse defense cracks under UConn onslaught in title game Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Syracuse hoping for big payoff from run to championship game Apr 4
- Syracuse women beat Washington 80-59, reach NCAA title game Apr 4
- Washington-Syracuse Preview Apr 2
- Huskies, Orange try to keep changes under wraps for rematch Apr 2
- Syracuse women reach new heights under Coach Q Mar 31
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26