Griner sparks top-ranked Baylor over Texas A&MFeb 15, 2011 - 5:06 AM Baylor pull out a 67-58 come-from-behind win over the fifth-ranked Texas A&M Aggies.
Odyssey Sims added 22 points and five assists for the Lady Bears (24-1, 11-0 Big 12), winners over 21 straight and 17 in a row at Ferrell Center.
Tyra White paced Texas A&M (21-3, 9-2) with 29 points.
Despite leading scorer Danielle Adams getting held to nine points on 4-of-15 shooting, the Aggies led through must of the second half before Griner took over.
Trailing 56-55 with three minutes left, Griner scored on three straight possessions to give the Lady Bears a 61-56 advantage with 1:48 to play.
White ended the spurt with a jumper to pull within three, but Sims converted a three-point play at the other end, and the hosts held on from there.
The teams were tied, 29-29, at halftime.
- TEXAS A&M: 58
Feb 14 11:13 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 29
Feb 14 9:55 PM
- TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 14 9:07 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19