No. 4 Tennessee cruises past South CarolinaFeb 18, 2011 - 2:36 AM Tennessee easily handled South Carolina, 82-60, at Thompson-Boling Arena.
Meighan Simmons and Shekinna Stricklen finished with 17 and 12 points, respectively, for the Lady Vols (25-2, 13-0 SEC), who have won 16 straight since falling to Baylor on December 14.
Stricken and Alyssia Brewer both grabbed a game-high 10 rebounds in the win.
Ieasia Walker led the Lady Gamecocks (15-11, 7-6) with 16 points. Valerie Nainima added 15 points on 4-of-8 shooting from three-point range as South Carolina saw a three-game winning streak come to an end.
The Lady Vols shot 49 percent from the field in the contest and used a commanding 51-30 rebounding advantage to breeze to their 14th straight home victory this season.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 60
Feb 17 9:07 PM
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 29
Feb 17 8:00 PM
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 7:07 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26