Stanford gets past USCFeb 19, 2011 - 5:50 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Jeanette Pohlen posted 19 points, leading No. 3 Stanford to a 78-64 victory over Southern California.
Kayla Pedersen added 17 points and eight rebounds for the Cardinal (23-2, 14-0 Pac-10), who recorded their 17th consecutive victory. They play at ninth- ranked UCLA on Sunday.
Chiney Ogwumike had 13 points, while older sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike added 11.
Briana Gilbreath scored 17 points to lead the Trojans (15-9, 7-6), while sister Stefanie netted 16 after shooting 4-for-4 from three-point range. However, they were the only players to score in double digits for USC, which had won its last two.
- STANFORD: 78
Feb 18 11:49 PM
- STANFORD: 38
Feb 18 10:54 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 18 10:08 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18