Ogwumike leads No. 3 Stanford over No. 9 UCLAFeb 20, 2011 - 11:13 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Chiney Ogwumike finished with a game-high 18 points and 15 rebounds as No. 3 Stanford topped No. 9 UCLA, 67-53, in Pac-10 action at Pauley Pavilion.
Kayla Pedersen and Toni Kokenis both added 13 points for the Cardinal (24-2, 15-0 Pac-10), who have won 18 straight since back-to-back loses to Tennessee and DePaul. Jeanette Pohlen added 10 points and five assists for the victors.
Darxia Morris paced UCLA (22-3, 12-2) with 14 points. Jasmine Dixon added 10 points and 12 rebounds while Doreena Campbell had nine points for the Bruins, who had a seven-game winning streak snapped.
The teams kept the game close in the first half, entering the break tied at 28-28. However, UCLA came out flat in the second half, shooting 28.1 percent from the field, as Stanford pulled away down the stretch.
- STANFORD: 67
Feb 20 5:00 PM
- STANFORD: 28
Feb 20 3:53 PM
- STANFORD: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 20 3:08 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- UCLA-Texas Preview Mar 25
- UCLA and Texas play in Bridgeport's "other" semifinal Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- Jordin Canada leads UCLA into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- South Florida-UCLA Preview Mar 20