No. 4 Tennessee routs Georgia, claims SEC titleFeb 22, 2011 - 2:22 AM
Shekinna Stricklen turned in a solid performance with 11 points, six rebounds and six assists for Tennessee (26-2, 14-0 SEC), which has won 25 consecutive SEC contests.
Taber Spani netted 11 points and Glory Johnson contributed nine points and nine boards for the Lady Vols, who have won 17 in a row since falling to Baylor on December 14.
Jasmine James and Anne Marie Armstrong finished with 11 and 10 points, respectively, for Georgia (20-7, 10-4), which had won four of five entering the contest.
Tennessee led wire-to-wire, as Stricklen's jumper got the Lady Vols out to a 10-2 start. Later in the half, Spani's make capped a 12-3 run to give UT a 27-12 lead with 7:49 before the break.
The Lady Vols held a comfortable 40-21 advantage heading into the locker room, then maintained a double-digit lead throughout the second half en route to the easy victory.
- GEORGIA: 44
Feb 21 8:48 PM
- GEORGIA: 21
Feb 21 7:44 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 21 7:03 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23