No. 9 Duke dominates VirginiaFeb 25, 2011 - 2:41 AM Charlottesville, VA (Sports Network) - Jasmine Thomas scored 18 points, pulled down five rebounds and dished out five assists, as the ninth-ranked Duke Blue Devils cruised past the Virginia Cavaliers, 71-48.
Tricia Liston added 16 points and five boards for the Blue Devils (25-3, 11-2 ACC), who have won two in a row and four of five overall.
Allison Vernerey donated 11 points and 10 rebounds for Duke, which closes out the regular season on Sunday against North Carolina.
Ariana Moorer finished with 14 points, six boards and four steals off the bench for the Cavaliers (15-14, 4-9), who have lost 18 straight to Duke. Ataira Franklin tallied 13 points and seven rebounds in defeat.
Virginia ends the season on Sunday with a trip to in-state rival Virginia Tech.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 11 Louisville women pull away from Virginia 74-59 Feb 18
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1
- Thomas leads No. 15 Florida State women past Virginia 70-48 Jan 21
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17