No. 8 Xavier downs St. Joseph'sJan 12, 2011 - 8:34 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Ta'Shia Phillips turned in a double- double, finishing with 20 points and 17 rebounds, as No. 8 Xavier used a big second half to earn an easy 75-54 victory over St. Joseph's in Atlantic 10 action at Hagan Arena.
Tyeasha Moss chipped in with 17 points and eight boards, while Amber Harris had a solid performance with 11 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists for Xavier (13-2, 2-0 A-10), which trailed 31-30 at the half.
Xavier, which shot 43.3 percent from the field, has now won three straight.
Erin Shields ended with a team-best 12 points to go with six rebounds for St. Joseph's (11-5, 1-1), which has dropped two of its last three contests.
Trailing 34-30 early in the second half, Moss' three-pointer capped a 25-3 run over the next several minutes to put Xavier up by a commanding 55-37 margin with 11:07 remaining.
St. Joseph's only got as close as 14 after Kelly Cavallo made a layup with 9:53 left, but the hosts still trailed 57-43.
Xavier responded with nine straight points to make it a 66-43 game with 6:18 to play and cruised from there.
- XAVIER: 75
ST. JOSEPH'S: 54
Jan 12 2:49 PM
- XAVIER: 30
ST. JOSEPH'S: 31
Jan 12 1:46 PM
- XAVIER: 5
ST. JOSEPH'S: 3
1st Half - 18:00
Jan 12 1:10 PM
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- No. 3 Notre Dame routs Saint Joseph's 91-55 Dec 21
- Huskies cruise past Hawks in second round Mar 25
- Hawks hang on against Georgia in tourney opener Mar 23
- Clarke leads Vanderbilt over St. Joseph's Mar 23
- Louisville advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- South Dakota State no match for Xavier Mar 20
- Phillips helps Xavier claim A-10 title Mar 7
- Xavier advances to A-10 title game Mar 6
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Harris helps Xavier edge Temple, clinch A-10 Feb 27
- No. 6 Xavier dominates George Washington Feb 23