No. 4 Tennessee reaches SEC final, tops GeorgiaMar 6, 2011 - 1:57 AM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Meighan Simmons finished with 18 points and five assists as fourth-ranked Tennessee topped Georgia, 82-58, to reach the SEC title game.
The Lady Vols will play in their 20th conference championship and will face Kentucky in SEC championship game on Sunday.
Glory Johnson added 14 points and nine rebounds while Angie Bjorklund scored 10 for Tennessee (30-2), which has won 21-straight since their last loss, a 65-54 setback to Baylor on December 14.
Jasmine Hassel led the Bulldogs (21-10) with a game-high 20 points. Porsha Phillips added 10 points and 11 rebounds with Khaalidah Miller supplying eight points in the loss.
The Lady Vols opened up the game with nine-straight points and never trailed. They held Georgia to 23 percent shooting in the first half and took a 35-22 lead at the break.
Georgia improved to 40 percent from the field in the second half, but its first half deficit was too much to overcome, as Tennessee cruised to the easy win.
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23