Texas A&M buries Lady Bulldogs in round of 16Mar 28, 2011 - 1:10 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams registered a double-double with game highs of 23 points and 14 rebounds as the Texas A&M Aggies crushed the Georgia Lady Bulldogs, 79-38, in the regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament at American Airlines Center.
Adams, who shot just 9-of-28 from the floor for the second-seeded Aggies (30-5) added a couple of blocked shots to her stat line. Also scoring in double figures for A&M were Tyra White and Sydney Colson with 14 and 11 points, respectively.
The sixth-seeded Lady Bulldogs (23-11) were paced by Jasmine James who was the lone double-digit scorer for the group with her 10 points on 4-of-14 shooting from the floor.
The first-ever meeting between the two squads got off to a fast start for the Aggies who opened on a 13-0 run and led by a lopsided 27-2 score before Georgia managed to knock down its second field goal of the afternoon midway through the period. While the offense picked up for the Lady Bulldogs, the team still trailed by a score of 48-17 at the break after A&M converted 8- of-14 behind the three-point line and turned the ball over just twice through the opening 20 minutes of action.
In the second half it was more of the same as Kristi Bellock knocked down a pair of free-throws for A&M at the 7:47 mark to give the Aggies a massive 40- point advantage at 72-32 and by then the outcome was never in question.
For the Aggies, who are celebrating their first 30-win season and just their second trip to the regional finals, they held the opposition to just 25 percent shooting from the floor and 4-of-19 behind the three-point line on the afternoon.
The Aggies will now challenge the Baylor Bears in the regional finals on Tuesday night for the right to advance to the Final Four at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. The two Big 12 Conference schools have already played three times this season, with the Bears winning all three contests.
- GEORGIA: 38
TEXAS A&M: 79
Mar 27 6:35 PM
- GEORGIA: 38
TEXAS A&M: 79
End of Regulation
Mar 27 6:34 PM
- GEORGIA: 17
TEXAS A&M: 48
Mar 27 5:31 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 27 4:43 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Tennessee women beat No. 15 A&M 70-60 for 3rd straight win Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- No. 15 Kentucky women defeat No. 11 Texas A&M 71-58 Feb 28