Mathies lifts No. 10 Kentucky past No. 6 DukeDec 9, 2011 - 1:38 AM
Bria Goss chipped in 19 points for Kentucky (9-0), which has won eight of its nine games at home this season.
Freshman Azia Bishop recorded a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Elizabeth Williams scored 17 points and grabbed six boards for the Lady Blue Devils (6-2), who had their two-game winning streak snapped.
Tricia Liston and Williams paced Duke with eight first-half points, and Richa Jackson knocked down a jumper at the first-half buzzer to give the Lady Blue Devils a 34-31 advantage at halftime.
With the game knotted at 50 midway through the second half, Kentucky used a 12-2 run to take a 62-52 lead, capped off by a Mathies three-pointer with 4:54 left in regulation.
Chelsea Gray made a pair of free throws to make it a 64-58 game with 1:59 remaining, but Mathies' three-point play pushed the lead back to nine with 1:29 left.
- DUKE: 65
Dec 8 8:02 PM
- DUKE: 34
Dec 8 7:01 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 8 6:09 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21