Snowden leads Kentucky past South CarolinaJan 15, 2012 - 11:09 PM Columbia, SC (Sports Network) - Keyla Snowden had 15 points to help No. 9 Kentucky take down 24th-ranked South Carolina, 66-58.
Amber Smith had nine points, six assists and four rebounds and Brittany Henderson added eight points and six rebounds for the Wildcats (16-2, 5-0 SEC), who were coming off a one-point win over Tennessee on Thursday.
Ieasia Walker had 14 points, six rebounds and five assists and La'Keisha Sutton contributed 12 points for the Gamecocks (14-4, 3-2), who have dropped their past two.
Kentucky forced 29 turnovers from South Carolina to lead the team to its best- ever start in the SEC.
- KENTUCKY: 66
SOUTH CAROLINA: 58
Jan 15 5:05 PM
- KENTUCKY: 28
SOUTH CAROLINA: 29
Jan 15 3:44 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
SOUTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 15 3:15 PM
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Syracuse women stun South Carolina 80-72 in regional semis Mar 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Syracuse-South Carolina Preview Mar 24