Ohio State continues its dominance over WisconsinFeb 7, 2012 - 3:28 AM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Samantha Prahalis scored a career-high 34 points as 10th-ranked Ohio State pulled away in the second half to down Wisconsin, 72-58.
Tayler Hill added 18 points and Ashley Adams pulled down 10 rebounds for the Buckeyes (21-2, 8-2 Big Ten), who recorded their 20th straight win over the Badgers.
Taylor Wurtz recorded a team-high 20 points for Wisconsin (8-14, 4-6), which dropped its second consecutive game. Morgan Paige had 14 points and Jade Davis contributed 11 in the loss.
Ohio State held a 35-25 lead at the break, but a 7-0 spurt by the Badgers closed the gap to 49-46 with 12 minutes left in the second half.
The Buckeyes, though, responded with a 16-3 run to take control of the game and led by double digits for the remainder of the contest.
- WISCONSIN: 58
OHIO STATE: 72
Feb 6 9:22 PM
- WISCONSIN: 25
OHIO STATE: 35
Feb 6 8:22 PM
- WISCONSIN: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 6 7:42 PM
- Wisconsin hires Jonathan Tsipis as women's basketball coach Mar 31
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Wisconsin fires women's basketball coach Bobbie Kelsey Mar 4