Hassell, Lady Bulldogs hold off Yellow JacketsDec 2, 2012 - 10:37 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Jasmine Hassell finished with 22 points and seven rebounds to help lead the No.8 Georgia Lady Bulldogs past the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, 60-50, on Sunday.
Hassell shot 10-of-13 from the field while Khaalidah Miller contributed 11 points to keep the Bulldogs (9-0) undefeated. Shacobla Barbee tallied five points and a team-high eight rebounds off the bench.
Aaliyah Whiteside scored 14 points for the Yellow Jackets (3-4), who dropped their second straight game. Tyaunna Marshall posted a double-double of 10 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
After a Jasmine James layup near the end of the first half, the Bulldogs held a double-digit lead until there was just 2:36 left in the game.
A 7-0 run by the Yellow Jackets pulled them within nine at 52-43 and then a Whiteside triple made it a six-point game with 1:51 remaining.
However, they did not get any closer and Miller knocked down four free throws in the final minute to seal the win for Georgia.
- GEORGIA: 60
GEORGIA TECH: 50
Dec 2 4:04 PM
- GEORGIA: 27
GEORGIA TECH: 14
Dec 2 2:48 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
GEORGIA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 2 2:07 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4