Duke dominates Virginia in second halfFeb 9, 2013 - 3:01 AM Duke topped Virginia, 62-41, to beat the Cavaliers for a 20th straight time.
Haley Peters added 16 points for the Blue Devils, who trailed by nine points late in the first half, but then surged over the final 26 minutes. Duke, which led by two at the break, limited Virginia to 6-of-31 from the field. The Blue Devils made 14-of-25 shots over the same span.
Chelsea Gray scored 14 points for Duke (21-1, 11-0 ACC), which owns a 28-game winning streak in road games versus unranked opponents. Duke's overall winning streak stands at five since the Jan. 21 defeat at Connecticut.
Ataira Franklin had 15 points and nine rebounds for the Cavaliers (14-8, 6-5), who also received eight points and 11 boards from Telia McCall. Virginia lost back-to-back games for the second time this season.
Virginia's last victory over Duke was a 61-49 victory in Charlottesville on Jan. 30, 2000.
Franklin's layup expanded Virginia's lead to 22-13 with 6:12 left in the first half, but the Blue Devils then ran off 21 of the next 26 points. Franklin's 3- pointer closed the gap to 34-30, but Duke went on an ensuing 9-2 spurt to take control.
- DUKE: 62
Feb 8 8:52 PM
- DUKE: 24
Feb 8 7:47 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 8 7:04 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 11 Louisville women pull away from Virginia 74-59 Feb 18
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1
- Thomas leads No. 15 Florida State women past Virginia 70-48 Jan 21
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17