LSU knocks off No. 9 GeorgiaFeb 10, 2013 - 9:42 PM
Adrienne Webb added 12 points and Jeanne Kenney netted 11 for the Lady Tigers (14-10, 5-6 SEC), which had lost two straight coming in, but nonetheless continued their dominance over the Bulldogs on their home floor.
Georgia (20-4, 8-3) has dropped seven consecutive meetings at Maravich Center, last winning there on Jan. 14, 2001. Jasmine Hassell had team highs of 18 points and 12 rebounds as the Lady Bulldogs had their four-game winning streak snapped.
Georgia shot just 26 percent from the field in the first half and trailed 31-25 at the break.
The teams traded eight-point runs in the early going of the second half, with Webb's jumper capping LSU's spurt for a 46-40 lead at the midway point.
The Lady Bulldogs trailed the rest of the way, though they had a chance to go ahead late when Tiaria Griffin missed from long range with the score at 51-50.
LSU shot 9-of-12 from the free throw line over the final 2:13 to seal the win.
- GEORGIA: 54
Feb 10 3:32 PM
- GEORGIA: 25
Feb 10 2:20 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 10 1:38 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- No. 13 Kentucky women eliminate LSU from SEC tourney 79-71 Mar 3
- LSU beats Alabama 58-49 in opener of SEC women's tourney Mar 2
- Mitchell scores 24 in No. 3 South Carolina's 75-39 victory Feb 28
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- LSU hands No. 24 Tennessee women 2nd loss in 3 games 57-56 Feb 21
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- No. 12 Texas A&M women pull away in 4th, beat LSU 68-54 Feb 18