LSU knocks off No. 8 KentuckyFeb 25, 2013 - 12:24 AM Baton Rouge, LA (Sports Network) - Theresa Plaisance tallied 20 points with 13 rebounds and Jeanne Kenney scored 22 off the bench to push LSU past eighth- ranked Kentucky, 77-72, on Sunday at Maravich Center.
The Tigers (17-10, 8-6 SEC) built an 11-point halftime lead and never gave up the advantage in cruising to their fourth straight victory. Bianca Lutley added 15 points in the win.
Kentucky (23-4, 11-3) rallied to tie the contest at 64-64, but came up short as its four-game win streak came to an end. A'dia Mathies scored 20 points and Jennifer O'Neill followed with 15 in the setback.
LSU shot 64 percent through the initial 20 minutes and closed out the half with a 12-4 run to take a 43-32 halftime.
Behind by eight with just under nine minutes left, the Wildcats used an 11-2 run to tie the contest with four minutes left, but LSU answered with a 9-2 push to all but seal the victory.
- KENTUCKY: 72
Feb 24 5:06 PM
- KENTUCKY: 32
Feb 24 3:49 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 24 3:14 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18