No. 6 Duke downs No. 23 FSU in ACC semisMar 9, 2013 - 11:08 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Haley Peters had 17 points and 13 rebounds in No. 6 Duke's 72-66 win over No. 23 Florida State in the semifinals of the ACC Tournament.
Tricia Liston added 17 points for the Blue Devils (29-2), who advanced to the ACC title game for the 11th time in 14 years.
Duke will play No. 15 North Carolina, which defeated No. 10 Maryland later Saturday, in Sunday's final.
Chelsea Davis netted 17 points for the fourth-seeded Seminoles (22-9), who were in just their third ACC semifinal in school history.
With the game tied at 58-58, Peters' layup put Duke ahead for good with 4:06 left. Richa Jackson converted a layup on the Blue Devils' next possession before Alexa Deluzio sunk two free throws to pull FSU within 62-60.
But the Seminoles didn't record a point over the final 3:12 of play.
Duke led throughout the nip-and-tuck affair. The Blue Devils jumped out to an 11-3 advantage before FSU fought back to cut the deficit to 34-31 entering the break.
- FLORIDA STATE: 66
Mar 9 2:56 PM
- FLORIDA STATE: 31
Mar 9 1:48 PM
- FLORIDA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 9 1:11 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20