Kentucky cruises past Georgia in SEC semifinalsMar 10, 2013 - 1:57 AM Duluth, GA (Sports Network) - DeNesha Stallworth scored a game-high 18 points and A'dia Mathies provided 11 as second-seeded Kentucky defeated Georgia, 60-38, en route to advancing to its third SEC Tournament title game in the last four years.
The No. 7 Wildcats (27-4) will face No. 19 Texas A&M on Sunday with the conference championship on the line.
Jasmine Hassell paced Georgia (25-6) with 17 points and nine rebounds although the Bulldogs shot a mere 22.2 percent (14-of-63) from the floor, including 1-of-18 from 3-point range.
Kentucky trailed at the break, 24-19, before opening up the second half on a game-changing, 15-2 surge, to take a 34-26 edge a little over five minutes in.
UK never let the Bulldogs get back into the contest and pulled away with the victory, while Georgia failed to score any points in the final six minutes.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20