Bulldogs put the bite on GrizzliesMar 24, 2013 - 2:08 AM Spokane, WA (Sports Network) - Jasmine Hassell scored a game-high 16 points as the Georgia Lady Bulldogs recorded a 70-50 win over the Montana Lady Grizzlies in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at the McCarthey Athletic Center.
Also scoring in double figures for the fourth-seeded Bulldogs (26-6) were Shacobia Barbee and Jasmine James with 13 and 11 points, respectively.
The 13th-seeded Grizzlies (24-8) were led by Torry Hill with 11 points, but she shot only 4-of-12 from the floor and turned the ball over six times.
Georgia scored the first points of the meeting and never looked back, establishing a 15-4 advantage early on before posting a 32-25 edge at the break. The Bulldogs held the seven-point lead despite shooting only 1-of-9 behind the 3-point line.
After shooting just 31.0 percent from the floor through the first 20 minutes of action, Montana then converted a mere 27.6 percent following intermission, en route to the 20-point setback.
The Grizzlies suffered a total of 20 turnovers, resulting in 22 points for Georgia.
The Bulldogs now head to the second round of the tourney where they will battle the Iowa State Cyclones who defeated Gonzaga earlier in the day on Saturday, 72-60.
- MONTANA: 50
Mar 23 8:29 PM
- MONTANA: 25
Mar 23 7:23 PM
- MONTANA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 23 6:39 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21
- Georgia women upend No. 20 Florida 71-61 Jan 14