Cole leads George Washington past LibertyDec 10, 2006 - 10:39 PM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Kenan Cole made sure that George Washington did not taste defeat again.
Cole scored 10 of her 15 points in the second half as the No. 19 Colonials rallied for a 74-66 victory over Liberty.
Coming on the heels of an 85-62 setback at sixth-ranked Tennessee on Thursday, George Washington (8-2) struggled early, falling behind, 37-29, at the half. It rallied after the break, shooting 50 percent (15-of-30) and making 12-of-14 (86 percent) free throws.
Kimberly Beck scored 14 points and Jessica Adair and Sarah-Jo Lawrence added 13 apiece as all of the GW starters reached double figures.
Megan Frazee, one of three triplets starting for the Lady Flames, scored 18 of her 28 points in the first half. The sophomore guard was the lone player in double figures for Liberty, which shot 32 percent (9-of-28) in the second half and finished with 17 turnovers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LIBERTY 37 29 66
GEO WASHINGTON (19) 29 45 74 FINAL
Dec 10 3:55 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
GEO WASHINGTON (19) 29 HALFTIME
Dec 10 2:49 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- UNC Asheville women beat Liberty in Big South championship Mar 13
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- No. 13 Duke women beat Liberty 79-41 Dec 17
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty Nov 28
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- Mitchell leads No. 11 Ohio State to 75-65 defeat of Liberty Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26