Honegger carries 21st-ranked Bowling Green past DelawareDec 30, 2006 - 8:36 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (Ticker) -- This time around, Liz Honegger made sure Bowling Green got over the hump.
Honegger scored 24 points and Ali Mann chipped in 18 as the 21st-ranked Falcons rallied for a 70-59 victory over Delaware in a non-conference battle.
Last season, Bowling Green (9-2) suffered a 48-44 setback against Delaware on December 28, 2005. The Fighting Blue Hens were just one of three schools to beat the Falcons last campaign.
Delaware was able to build a 29-27 first-half advantage, shooting 50 percent (12-of-24) from the field.
However, Bowling Green could not miss after intermission as Honegger's 3-pointer with 5:50 remaining capped an impressive 31-6 burst that opened a 60-43 lead.
Amber Flynn scored 12 points off the bench for the Falcons, who shot 56 percent (25-of-44) and survived 21 turnovers.
Chrissy Fisher had 19 points and 12 rebounds and Tyresa Smith added 16 and 11 for Delaware (10-2), which scored 14 second-chance points.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
DELAWARE 29 30 59
BOWLING GREEN (21) 27 43 70 FINAL
Dec 29 8:49 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BOWLING GREEN (21) 27 HALFTIME
Dec 29 7:44 PM
- Delaware basketball suspends three Jan 29
- Kentucky holds off the Delle Donne led Blue Hens Mar 30
- Delle Donne shines as Blue Hens head for uncharted territory Mar 26
- Delle Donne sets milestone, Blue Hens advance Mar 24
- No. 9 Maryland handles Delaware Dec 20
- Kansas capitalizes on second-round win against Blue Hens Mar 21
- Delaware routs Arkansas-Little Rock for first postseason win Mar 18
- Delaware captures Colonial crown Mar 11
- No. 7 Delaware rolls past UNCW Mar 11
- Blue Hens thump ODU in CAA quarters Mar 9
- Delaware completes undefeated CAA regular season, sets wins mark Feb 29
- Delle Donne's 35 lifts Delaware over Northeastern Feb 26