Gearlds erupts for 41 as Purdue sinks WisconsinFeb 18, 2007 - 10:31 PM MADISON, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Katie Gearlds' career-best performance kept Purdue in contention for a conference title.
Gearlds poured in 41 points to lead the 15th-ranked Boilermakers to a 69-60 Big Ten Conference victory over Wisconsin.
Purdue (23-5, 12-2 Big Ten) remained in a tie for second place in the conference, one game behind Ohio State, which lost to Michigan State, 62-59, on Sunday.
Gearlds finished 13-of-20 from the field and made three 3-pointers for the Boilermakers, who shot 57 percent (25-of-44) to help offset 22 turnovers that the Badgers turned into 26 points.
The senior guard also had nine rebounds to help Purdue to a 34-26 edge on the glass.
Marian Dunham scored 16 points and Danielle Ward added 12 and seven rebounds for the Badgers (18-10, 7-8), who shot 40 percent (25-of-62).
Jolene Anderson had 11 points and became the fastest women's player at Wisconsin to reach 1,500 for her career, accomplishing it in her 85th game.
- Wisconsin hires Jonathan Tsipis as women's basketball coach Mar 31
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Wisconsin fires women's basketball coach Bobbie Kelsey Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- Short-handed Northwestern women beat Wisconsin 76-72 in OT Mar 2
- Walker-Kimbrough leads No. 6 Maryland past Wisconsin, 83-77 Feb 25
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Alston scores 21 as Ohio State dispatches Wisconsin 87-61 Feb 5
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Powers leads No. 18 Michigan St. women over Wisconsin 77-54 Jan 31