Silva leads Ohio to upset of Bowling GreenFeb 24, 2007 - 9:52 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (Ticker) -- Domenica Silva and Ohio handed Bowling Green its first home loss in nearly two years.
Silva scored 18 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead the Bobcats to a 70-67 victory over the 16th-ranked Falcons in a Mid-American Conference contest.
The Bobcats (16-11, 9-6 MAC) snapped the Falcons' 29-game home winning streak. Bowling Green also entered with an 18-game winning streak overall and 39 consecutive wins in conference play.
Ohio held Bowling Green to just 27 percent shooting (8-of-30) in the second half to overcome a 43-36 halftime deficit.
Lauren Kohn scored 17 points for the Bobcats, including a layup and a free throw which extended the lead to 66-61 with 1:26 remaining.
The Falcons (25-3, 14-1) could not take advantage of Ohio's season-high 25 turnovers.
Katie Achter paced Bowling Green with 17 points and eclipsed 1,000 points for her career.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OHIO 36 34 70
BOWLING GREEN (16) 43 24 67 FINAL
Feb 24 2:54 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
BOWLING GREEN (16) 43 HALFTIME
Feb 24 1:42 PM
- Sun Devils torch Bobcats in first-round action Mar 21
- Ohio rewards Boldon with 5-year extension Mar 11
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Notre Dame needs overtime to down Bowling Green Dec 5
- Orsillo fills for January, Arizona St advances Mar 24
- Bowling Green posts historic victory over Vanderbilt Mar 21