Beck scores 1,000th point as George Washington rollsNov 10, 2007 - 3:42 AM BALTIMORE (Ticker) -- Kimberly Beck scored 20 points and added six assists Friday to lead No. 13 George Washington to a 79-59 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County.
Sarah-Jo Lawrence added 18 points, seven rebounds, six assists and three steals for the Colonials (1-0).
Six of George Washington's nine 3-pointers came from Beck, who became the 23rd player in school history to reach 1,000 points on a 3-pointer from the left wing with 3:37 remaining in the game.
Antelia Parrish had 17 points and eight rebounds while Whitney Allen added 11 and 10 for the Colonials, who improved to 7-0 all-time against UMBC (0-1).
Carlee Cassidy led the Retrievers with 24 points, 18 in the second half. UMBC committed 24 turnovers that led to 32 points for George Washington.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEO WASHINGTON (13) 34 45 79
UMBC 25 34 59 FINAL
Nov 9 9:25 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(13) GEO WASHINGTON 34
UMBC 25 HALFTIME
Nov 9 8:39 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Nov 24
- No. 15 Stanford women beat 22nd-ranked George Washington Nov 21
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- GW coach Tsipis gets extension May 6