Moore, Charles lead Connecticut women over StanfordNov 23, 2007 - 6:28 AM ST THOMAS, Virgin Islands (Ticker) -- Maya Moore and Tina Charles each posted a double-double as No. 2 Connecticut defeated fourth-ranked Stanford, 66-54, on Thursday night.
Moore scored 19 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and dished out four assists and Charles added 13 points and 11 boards for the Huskies.
Kalana Greene chipped in 18 points on 8-of-14 shooting with seven rebounds for UConn (3-0), which shot 41 percent (29-of-71) from the field.
The Cardinal were led by Candice Wiggins, who had 17 points on 6-of-12 shooting. Jayne Appel added 13 points and eight rebounds for Stanford (3-1), which had a nine-game regular season winning streak snapped.
- PARADISE JAM ST THOMAS DIVISION
ISLAND DIVISION AT ST THOMAS VIRGIN ISLANDS
NCAA WOMENS BB PARADISE JAM ST THOMAS DIVISION
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
STANFORD (4) 15 39 54
CONNECTICUT (2) 22 44 66 FINAL
Nov 22 10:24 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2