Duke ends Rutgers' five-game winning streakDec 7, 2007 - 3:01 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Rutgers first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium didn't go as planned.
Chante Black had 11 points and seven rebounds and Carrem Gay also scored 11 as 15th-ranked Duke shocked the No. 3 Scarlet Knights, 49-44, on Thursday night.
Abby Waner made a pair of free throws and Black hit consecutive baskets to help the Blue Devils (6-3) create a 44-42 advantage at the 2:36 mark.
The Scarlet Knights tied the game at 44-44 when Essence Carson hit a jumper with 1:08 left. But Gay, Waner and Keturah Jackson all made critical foul shots down the stretch to secure the win.
Duke has won 19 consecutive home games and 24 in a row against non-conference opponents.
Epiphanny Prince had 15 points and nine rebounds and Kia Vaughn grabbed 11 as Rutgers (5-2) watched its five-game winning streak come to an end.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
RUTGERS (3) 19 25 44
DUKE (15) 17 32 49 FINAL
Dec 6 9:07 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(3) RUTGERS 19
(15) DUKE 17 HALFTIME
Dec 6 7:54 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Rutgers comes back to edge Nebraska 66-63 in Big Ten tourney Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 6 Maryland women beat Rutgers 73-59 Feb 21
- Powers leads No. 25 Michigan State women over Rutgers 70-67 Feb 18
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7