Black helps Duke notch 23rd straight home winJan 12, 2008 - 3:47 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Chante Black had 19 points, nine rebounds and four blocks as 13th-ranked Duke walked over Florida State, 70-38, in an Atlantic Coast Conference contest on Friday.
Bridgette Mitchell scored 10 points and nabbed five rebounds off the bench as Duke (13-3, 2-0 ACC) picked up its 23rd straight home win, the longest active streak in the country.
Florida State (11-6, 1-1 ACC) only shot 23 percent from the field (15-of-64) and surrendered 24 points off of 25 turnovers in its first conference loss.
The Lady Blue Devils controlled the entire contest, building a 36-18 halftime advantage. They led, 20-4, in fast-break points and 52-18 in points in the paint.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA ST 18 20 38
DUKE (13) 36 34 70 FINAL
Jan 11 8:58 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FLORIDA ST 18
(13) DUKE 36 HALFTIME
Jan 11 7:54 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20