Pringle, DeGraffenreid help North Carolina cruise past DukeFeb 5, 2008 - 4:41 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Cetera DeGraffenreid had 18 points and LaToya Pringle had 18 and 11 rebounds to lead third-ranked North Carolina past No. 11 Duke, 93-76, in an Atlantic Coast Conference rivalry game on Monday.
The Blue Devils scored the first basket of the game - their only lead of the contest - before the Tar Heels slowly started to take control late in the first half.
The contest remained tight until the final two minutes before halftime when North Carolina (20-2, 7-0 ACC) scored the final six points - four from Pringle - to take a 48-38 lead at the break.
The Tar Heels maintained its double digit lead for the majority of the second half and led by as many as 82-63 after a jumper from Erlana Larkins with 4:38 left to play.
Wanisha Smith had 17 points and eight rebounds to lead Duke (16-6, 5-2), which made just 2-of-17 3-pointers.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA (3) 48 45 93
DUKE (11) 38 38 76 FINAL
Feb 4 9:08 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(3) NORTH CAROLINA 48
(11) DUKE 38 HALFTIME
Feb 4 7:54 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1