Langhorne lifts Maryland women past rival DukeFeb 18, 2008 - 1:12 AM DURHAM, North Carolina (Ticker) -- Crystal Langhorne scored 25 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead fifth-ranked Maryland to a 76-69 triumph over 12th-ranked Duke on Sunday in a Atlantic Coast Conference battle.
Kristi Tolliver had 23 points but committed 12 turnovers and Marissa Coleman added 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Terrapins (27-2, 11-1 ACC), who have won five consecutive contests.
Maryland was without coach Brenda Frese, who became a first-time mother by giving birth to twin boys just hours before the game.
Abby Waner collected 13 points and Chante Black added 11 with nine rebounds for the Blue Devils (19-7, 8-3 ACC), who had a three-game winning streak snapped and have lost both regular-season meetings with the rival Terrapins.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MARYLAND (5) 41 35 76
DUKE (12) 33 36 69 FINAL
Feb 17 7:34 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(5) MARYLAND 41
(12) DUKE 33 HALFTIME
Feb 17 7:17 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4