Carling, defense lead BYU to upset of WyomingFeb 3, 2008 - 6:41 AM PROVO, Utah (Ticker) -- Mallary Carling scored 20 points and Mindy Nielson added 13 as unranked Brigham Young posted a 56-42 upset victory over No. 16 Wyoming on Saturday in a Mountain West Conference contest.
Carling shot 7-of-12 from the floor and scored 11 points during a key second-half run that broke open a close game. Carling hit three 3-pointers during a 23-5 run that snapped a 29-29 tie and put the Cougars (11-8, 5-2 MWC) in control for good.
Aubrey Vandiver scored 10 points for the Cowgirls (18-3, 6-2), who shot a season-low 22 percent (13-of-58) and have lost two straight.
BYU, which has won seven of nine, held Wyoming to just 14 percent (4-of-27) from the arc.
- Cunningham powers No. 10 Missouri over No. 7 BYU 78-69 Mar 19
- Missouri-BYU Preview Mar 18
- Proctor leads USF to 70-68 win over BYU in WCC title game Mar 8
- BYU upsets No. 12 Texas A&M women, 72-67; sweep tourney Dec 5
- No. 17 Oklahoma women rebound to defeat BYU 73-47 Nov 19
- Third-seeded Cards demolish BYU in first round Mar 21
- Strong second half has Huskies headed to Elite Eight Mar 29
- Cougars topple Cornhuskers Mar 25
- Eaton, Hamson shine as BYU upsets NC State Mar 22
- Strong second half leads DePaul over BYU Mar 17
- Sverrisdottir leads No. 24 TCU over Wyoming Feb 13
- Carlson helps Wyoming beat No. 22 TCU Jan 14