Freeman's jumper lifts Purdue past ValparaisoNov 13, 2007 - 3:17 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Lakisha Freeman scored 16 points, including the go-ahead jumper with 19 seconds left, to lift No. 20 Purdue to a 65-62 victory over Valparaiso on Monday.
Samantha Woods scored 17 points off the bench for the Boilermakers, who trailed by five points at the half and were down two with 1:35 to play. Freeman made two free throws to tie the game and then hit the game-winner on Purdue's next possession.
Launa Hochstetler, who led Valparaiso with 17 points, missed a chance to tie with nine seconds left. After a Purdue free throw, the Crusaders never got a shot off on their final possession to end the game.
Valparaiso shot 8-of-11 from the arc in the first half en route to a 35-30 lead at the break.
- No. 6 seed Oklahoma tops No. 11 Purdue 61-45 in NCAA Mar 19
- Purdue-Oklahoma Preview Mar 18
- Powers leads No. 19 Michigan St. women past Purdue 65-64 Mar 4
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- No. 5 Maryland never trails in 73-59 win over Purdue Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough scores 41, No. 5 Maryland women beat Purdue Feb 2
- Powers, No. 18 Michigan State women beat Purdue 68-56 Jan 27
- Mitchell scores 27 to lift No. 5 Ohio State over Purdue Jan 17
- No. 13 Stanford women beat Purdue in OT, 71-65 at Gulf Coast Nov 29
- Purdue women edge No. 22 Louisville 62-60 Nov 28
- No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso Nov 23
- Big night from Martin propels Cowgirls to Sweet 16 Mar 25