Parker leads top-ranked Tennessee in routNov 19, 2007 - 6:34 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 21 points and grabbed six rebounds as No. 1 Tennessee coasted to a 92-67 drubbing of 22nd-ranked Texas on Sunday afternoon.
Parker, who shot 8-of-15 from the floor, also dished out four assists and made four steals as the Lady Vols (3-0) cruised to their 15th consecutive win.
Alex Fuller collected 18 points on 7-of-8 shooting and Alexis Hornbuckle added 13 points and six assists for the defending champions, who shot an impressive 54 percent (36-of-67) and forced 30 turnovers.
Brittainey Raven finished with 18 points and Kathleen Nash chipped in 17 with nine rebounds for the Texas (2-1), which trailed, 51-32, at the break and shot 44 percent (24-of-55) in the contest.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TEXAS (22) 32 35 67
TENNESSEE (1) 51 41 92 FINAL
Nov 18 5:03 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(22) TEXAS 32
(1) TENNESSEE 51 HALFTIME
Nov 18 3:55 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- UConn heads to 9th straight Final Four after beating Texas Mar 28
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Texas-UConn Preview Mar 27
- Auriemma has no apologies for UConn's dominance Mar 27
- Texas comes from behind to beat UCLA 72-64 in Bridgeport Mar 26
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26