Parker, Tennessee roll over Louisiana TechNov 27, 2007 - 3:27 AM KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 13 points in limited time as top-ranked Tennessee blew out Louisiana Tech, 81-60, on Monday.
Playing just 13 minutes, Parker went 4-of-7 from the field, grabbed four rebounds and blocked three shots.
However, it was the outside shooting of the defending national champion Lady Vols (5-0) that was more impressive as they connected on nine of their first 10 3-pointers en route to taking a 55-26 lead at the half.
Shannon Bobbitt had three 3-pointers and 13 points and Angie Bjorkland added two baskets from the arc en route to scoring 12 for Tennessee, which finished 10-of-24 (41.7 percent) from long range.
JoKeirra Sneed had 15 points and 18 rebounds for the Lady Techsters (2-2), who were held to 32.4 percent (23-of-71) shooting and committed 24 turnovers.
The second winningest program in women's college basketball behind Tennessee, Louisiana Tech dropped its eighth straight game in the series.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOUISIANA TECH 26 34 60
TENNESSEE (1) 55 26 81 FINAL
Nov 26 8:53 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LOUISIANA TECH 26
(1) TENNESSEE 55 HALFTIME
Nov 26 7:52 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Louisiana Tech's Stoehr says program ready to move forward Apr 19
- Louisiana Tech hires Brooke Stoehr to replace Summitt Apr 18
- DeMoss will be interim coach at Louisiana Tech Apr 8
- Tyler Summitt admits inappropriate relationship, resigns Apr 7
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26